ARTS FOR INDIA held its GOLDEN GALA at BAFTA, 195 Piccadilly on the 31st of May 2017. This star-studded fundraiser was attended by philanthropists, artists, film and television celebrities, art lovers and eminent personalities from all over the world, who came together to raise funds to meet the objectives of the charity.
The event, hosted by International Bollywood Star, Amy Jackson, consisted of a champagne reception, dinner, auction and awards ceremony.
The Dayawati Modi Global Awards 2017 were presented to:
- Vanessa Redgrave for lifetime achievement in the field of cinema, television and theatre
- Derek O’ Neill for his contributions in the field of philanthropy
- Kunal Kohli for his contributions in the field of cinema
- Sachin Joshi for his contributions in the field of philanthropy
- Kunjue Li (Young Icon) for her contributions in the field of cinema, television and theatre
- Tamannaah Bhatia (Young Icon) for her contributions in the field of cinema
Amy Jackson commented: “It was a privilege hosting Arts For India’s Golden Gala at BAFTA to celebrate the work it does to help underprivileged young people in India through art. I want to thank this brilliant charity for such a fantastic evening and I am so proud to have been a part of it.”
Satish Modi, Arts For India Founder commented, “Arts For India are so grateful to all our supporters for their continued support. The Golden Gala has now become a prestigious event combining first class entertainment, star-studded talent and a worthy cause, supporting disadvantaged young people based in India.”